Even when i have no new text messages my inbox always says 1. Any idea how to fix this?
I just had this problem on my Samsung Mythic. I managed to solve it but not without a bit of grief. I'm going to list the steps I took, I'm sure more than a few are superfluous to what was actually needed, but if you're looking for options to fix the problem, it might be worth a shot.
1) Clear ALL your text messages from Inbox/Sent/Outbox/Drafts
1) Connect to your phone and browse to ./User/Msg/SMS
2) Copy the contents of that folder to your own computer
3) Make a BACKUP of this info. This is extremely important because we will use the backup to restore messaging capability to the phone.
4) From the non-backup version, open up any file inside there with the word 'FAIL' or 'RCVD' (total of 6 files for me). Delete any contents inside of the files and reupload them to your phone, overwriting what is there right now.
5) Restart the phone. Your rogue text message should be gone from the widget that notifies you about new texts. Messaging will most likely not work.
6) Using the backups, restore the files you overwrote in ./User/Msg/SMS. Restart your phone. Messaging works now but the phone doesn't have that annoying 'one new message' pop up anymore.
Just to clarify, you do all of this at your own risk! I freaked out a couple of times when my messaging wouldn't start, but if you are sure to make backups, you probably won't do toooo much damage
Also, I have no idea why that worked as a solution. Maybe others do, I'm just glad the stupid widget is no longer telling me I have messages when I don't.