Holy macaroni, I finally figured out how to connect my phone to laptop via BT and sync it
I'll write instructions hoping that it will help others that face similar problems:
- Deleted all bluetooth devices on both phone and laptop and restarted both.
- Enable bluetooth and visibility on both
- Laptop: add device... searching... Omnia i8000 appeared in the list, highlighted it and hit next.
- entered a random passcode on the laptop, after which the phone asks if I want to connect, hit YES and enter same passcode on the phone.
- got message on both laptop and phone that they connected.
- Laptop: on the com ports tab, I hit ADD (incoming port - device initiates connection) and COM5 appeared in the list
- Started MS activesync: File - connection settings, enabled checkbox "allow connections to one of following:" and selected COM5 from the pull down menu.
- Now a strange or tricky part: on the phone, went to the BT setting page with the blue circle in the center and the blue circle of my laptop below it. Hit the laptop's circle after which partnership settings appears with the line "select services to use from this device"
- hit refresh button but nothing appears. hit done. going to try another way.
- again, on the BT settings page with the blue circle icons, hit "menu - ms settings" and on the devices tab, selected my laptop's name which appears just below "disconnected", MS partnership settings window opens.
- hit refresh at the bottom. halleluia, a checkbox named activesync appears as a service. Checked it to enable and hit save.
- on the phone started activesync program and hit menu - connect via bluetooth. a message appears that port is opening blablabla and activesync starts synchronisation.
I can send files from laptop to phone too via bluetooth regardless of phone's visibility turned on or off (right mouse button, send to - bluetooth device). But I cannot beam files from phone to laptop, even with visibility on both devices turned on. Any idea why I can't beam from phone to laptop?