Hi peepsMethod 1 = 1 cab
Quick way now: Thanks to Sztupy; If the below doesn't work then you can try then longer method below.
Managed to create a Manila2d All-in-one cab. Tried out after a hard-reset and it works, I only had some minor bugs with it.
This installer includes: SharedDLL, Contactfix, HTC Album, Audiomanager, Outlook enhancements, Google Maps, Manila 2d (update 19b) + patch, MBarivan touchflo skin, youtubeplay, album and audiomanager fix.
This installer does not include: Comm Manager, PsiDOC Wifi-all
Current issues found so far (after a hard reset on a mostly-clean HL2 ROM):
* All people button does not work
* Youtube button does not work
* Communications button under settings does not work (because commanager is not installed)
* Wireless Networks button under settings does not work
* No link to google maps and youtubeplay under start menu
Things to do:
* I want to use Favorite Settings instead of Comm Manager, maybe I include a patch for this in a later release.
1. Hard reset
2. Disable everything on the today screen
3. Install opera if not installed (15233 should work fine)
4. Install M2D19b
5. DO NOT LET THE DEVICE GO TO STANDBY DURING INSTALL! - VERY IMPORTANT!!
6. Set the theme and background (optional)
7. Soft reset
8. Enable Touchflo on the today screen
This is a beta release. Please test it and share your findings! I only tried it with a mostly-clean HL2 ROM, don't know whether it'll work with other versions/ROM's, but it should work with lufeig's lite ROM though (but this is untested).
Confirmed working on HK3 ROMs (Shokka9)Method 2 = lots of cabs
After some requests and more importantly me wanting to show people what you can do with the Omnia.
ONLY WORKS ON WWE ROMs, thats WORLD WIDE ENGLISH. Google is your friend to see what countries are classed with this. Most places are, except Hungary & Russia and places like that i think, don't quote me pls.
Firstly, there are some screen shots below of my phone and how a sucessful installation would look. To be clear, i am showing you this as a lot of people use SPBShell with Skins from imarche.net. I used to, as it looks nice and is very functional. However Manilla2D (M2D) is far nicer and easier to use.
There are two ways you can do this, firstly is to install to your device, this isn't a simple one file cab and away we go, it's a few cabs, plus a few other bits, but when you have done it, it works a dream.
Second way is to flash your phone with it cooked into the ROM (which i use). These ROMs can be found here... http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-rom-discussion/274737/update-24-nov-08-custom-rom-manilla2d-with-alternate-landscape-dxhk1-m2d04/
Big thanks and praise to the main man PaSSoA for his work on this ROM and others. Please feel free to donate to him as his work is very good.
If you don't know how to flash, find the thread on this site or on Modaco.com. Skins are readily available at the following link..http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-rom-discussion/274993/manila2d-mobilematt-themes-for-omnia/
Just so everyone is aware, this M2D is basically a copy of the HTC TouchFlo GUI that comes standard on HTC devices. As you all know the screen resolution of the Omnia is different to most phones. So the skins have to be resized. Read the skins thread above and you will get the jist of what i am saying.
The flash method is the easiest and sometimes the quickest.
However you can manually install M2D to any ROM, and here is how to do it.....you need the files from this link....http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-http-omnia-modaco-com/273892/complete-install-guide-for-manila-touchflo-2d-on-i900/Or here, i have uploaded to this site, all files required are now here too.....http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/how-to-manilla-2d-on-the-omnia/msg12684/#msg12684
There is lots of info on this in this forum, but i use the how to below to do it sucessfully. A few pages in there is a mediafire link, if some of you issues with rapidshare (i do!)
The main problem is the communications tab, will not work the WIFI, but some people have got it to, see the forum.
*Install in MY DEVICE only. Internal Storage or Memory Card will not work correctly.
*IF ANY REASON THE SYSTEM SAYS TO RESTART, THEN RESTART DEVICE.
Follow these Instructions:
01. In the "Files" folder, move Hh_fw_background.png to MY STORAGE.
02. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in MY STORAGE and set as "Today Background".
03. Go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, disable all items.
04. Install OX-ManilaCompatibleSharedDLL.cab
05. Install ContactFix.cab
06. Install HTC Album_2.0_1818.3032.cab
07. Install AudioManager_2.0_1819.2129.cab
08. Install Enchasements.OUTLOOK.and.PICTURE.cab
09. Install GoogleMaps_compressed.CAB (install to MY STORAGE)
10. Install Opal CommManager 126.96.36.199_Black.CAB
11. Soft reset the phone.
12. Install Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB
13. Go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, disable TouchFlo.
14. Install Manilla2D_HTC_Patch.CAB
15. Soft reset the phone.
16. Install MBarvian_Touchflo_3d_Skin.cab
17. In the "Files" folder, move ._HTCHomeSettings.xml, hh_email_background.png, hh_fw_background.png, HTCHomeSettings.xml, L_bg.png, P_bg.png to My Device > Windows
18. Install PsiDOC_Wifi_all.cab
19. Install YoutubePlay.cab
19. Soft reset the phone.
20. When the phone starts up, go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, enable TouchFlo.
21. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \
22. Read Fixed_Youtube.txt.
23. Extract HTC_Album_Omnia_Files.zip, read Instructions inside.
24. Install M2DC (see attached) or Read HOW-TO _rearrange_the_tabs_or_hide_tabs_that_you_do_not_need.txt
25. My DEVICE > Windows > ManilaGFX folder can be deleted.
26. Install the Audio Manager Fix, see attached, how to in rar file, extract it.
If you get stuck, let me know. Or if you need files etc...
The flashed version in the ROM, is slightly different, as in you don't have YouTube link in Internet widget.
I hope this helps you, and in the first instance, if you get stuck see the links above. I am just passing information really to the Omnia community.
As you can see from the screen shots, it looks very nice. It works too, just as nice, you can see all your texts, emails, photos, music, weather, programs, etc very quickly.
You may need to amend your xml settings, if you install any themes, see the same link you got themes from so you can do it properly. I can assist, but am not a master, sorry.
Hope i have shed some light on this to new Omnians and old alike. Knowledge is power.
Big thanks to PaSSoA, Secany, Paul (Modaco.com), sector, x-t-r-e-m-e, and anyone else who has put into this project. I hope you all don't mind me sharing this, i doubt it as i have used stuff that is already available to the public.
** M2D (Manila2D) does not work in lanscape properly. See the links above to fully understand this. **
Audio fix files are attached here too & M2DC the M2D configurator tool (needed!!).